The Buddy Buck machine does not bring a miracle.
When my son was little, this machine was the instigator in my son’s ability to function in the grocery store. The machine of chance did not agree with my son’s lack of flexibility. He believed that the machine should spit out high point stickers, and even roped his brother into testing his skills to obtain the larger numbers from the machine. It worked somewhat, until it didn’t. And then he fell apart over the fact that he had low point stickers instead of high point stickers.
Even now, the system of chance is a bit too much for him. He wants a guarantee that he is going to win. And, of course, I cannot give him that! As his mom, I needed a miracle every time I approached that machine.
The system of chance failed to bring a miracle.
Have you been there? I know I have. The system of chance and order to bring me miracles has failed me in countless situations.
- It failed me when my children and I were abused repeatedly.
- It failed me when my children and were locked out of our home several times.
- It failed me when I knocked on countless church doors for assistance and they shunned us.
- It failed me when I had to remain legally married to protect my children.
- It failed me when I could not get medical insurance from the state.
- It failed me when I could not get medication for my out of control son, who only thought he was bad for something he could not control.
- It failed me when a doctor refused to treat my son specifically because he had a genetic syndrome.
But through it all, you know what?!
God. Did. Not. Fail. Us.
Nope. Not even when I thought all hope was lost.
Sometimes we have the door shut in our faces, but even then, God was there. Always I sought Him out for answers, and always He had an answer and a solution. Sometimes we received immediately, and other times, we waited for His solution. The funny thing is that in the waiting, we rested, you know?
- He delivered us from abuse.
- He restored our home to us.
- He blessed us with a church home.
- He granted me a divorce from an adulterous and abusive man.
- He miraculously brought my son insurance.
- He healed my son of his constipation.
- He brought me a doctor for my son’s needs.
And, the glorious thing is that we always come out on top when we follow God’s plans.
The answer is not…
- In religion.
- In worldly programs.
- In medical systems.
- In the government.
- In the world’s idea of justice.
- In other people’s obedience to God’s plans.
No, medical miracles come when we follow the Holy Spirit.
Fortunately for us, we don’t have to follow the chances of winning at playing the Buddy Buck machine. I remember this every time things seem to go wrong in our lives, when every thing should be going right.
We should always follow the Holy Spirit, but sometimes, we must stay close to God while we wait. We reap the benefits of the best solutions for problems in our lives when we wait for the Lord’s right and perfect moment to bring us a miracle.
No, no matter what happens around us, we can follow Him and He will meet the needs and wants of His people. He is a good, good Father to His children.